What’s the cost of refinishing a basketball court gym floor?
There are definitely a few things to review before thinking about getting the best price on your gym floor refinishing project.
Refinishing a basketball court gym floor can be done for a fraction of the cost of a new court.
It’s a project that most schools, churches, and gymnasiums do every 7 – 10 years to keep the gym looking new while infusing pride into their home team.
Basketball Court Gym Floor Refinishing Cost Factors
- Gym floor size
- Condition of the existing basketball court finish- (amount of built up finish to be removed)
- If the gym floor requires repairs due to buckling, cupped, or water damaged wood
- Design and gym floor graphics- amount of painting to be done (game lines, lettering, logos, border, keys, etc.)
- Geographic Location – NJ, NY, CT, PA
- Union or Prevailing Wage vs Private Project.
- Products Used – oil based vs water based gym floor polyurethane as well as the brand of polyurethane.
J & J Gym Floors provides a full line of gym floor services throughout New Jersey, New York, and Connecticut.
We specialize in: basketball court refinishing, gym floor screening and recoating, custom logo designs and gym floor game lines, as well as gymnasium floor maintenance, repairs, and new gym floor installations.
We’re based in Northern New Jersey, but many of our clients are located in:
New Jersey: Bergen County, Passaic County, Sussex County, Hudson County, Essex County, Morris County, Union County, Somerset County, and Middlesex County
New York: NYC, Manhattan, Queens, Bronx, Brookyln, Staten Island, Long Island, Nassau County, Suffolk County, Rockland County, Orange County, and Westchester County
Connecticut: Southern CT, Farfield County, New Haven County, Litchfield and Middlesex County