Gym Floor Refinishing Cost: 2019 Edition
What’s the cost of refinishing a basketball court gym floor?
There are definitely a few things to review before thinking about getting the best price on your gym floor refinishing project.
Refinishing a basketball court gym floor can be done for a fraction of the cost of a new court.
How much does gym floor refinishing cost?
The average price for gym floor refinishing is between $2.00 and $3.00 per square foot, depending on the cost factors listed below. This normally includes the following items: gym floor sanding and refinishing, materials, labor, logos, graphics and game line painting.
The pricing is basically the same for basketball court refinishing as well.
It’s a project that most schools, churches, and gymnasiums do every 7-10 years to keep the gym looking new while infusing pride into their home team.
Basketball Court Gym Floor Refinishing Cost Factors
- Gym floor size
- Condition of the existing basketball court finish- (amount of built-up finish to be removed)
- If the gym floor requires repairs due to buckling, cupped, or water damaged wood
- Design and gym floor graphics: the amount of painting to be done (game lines, lettering, logos, border, keys, etc.)
- Geographic Location
- Union or Prevailing Wage vs Private Project.
- Products Used – oil based vs water based gym floor polyurethane as well as the brand of polyurethane.
Got A Project In Mind?
- Established in 2003
- +17,400 completed projects
- Fast and professional service
- The most knowledgable team in the industry